Department of Veterans' Affairs
The Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) is an Australian Government organisation.
DVA provides support and information for:
- Veterans and their dependants
- Australian Defence Force personnel
- War widows/widowers
- Australian participants in British Nuclear Tests in Australia
- Members of the Australian Federal Police, and
- students, teachers and historians.
The services DVA provides includes:
- Pensions and compensation
- Health care
- Counselling services
- Help for servicemen and women returning to civilian life
- Commemorative and community grants
- Home care assistance
- Subsidised loans for housing and other housing-related benefits
- Commemorative activities, and
- Historical information.
DVA's commemorations program promotes understanding of Australia’s wartime history and the significance of national events such as Anzac Day, Remembrance Day and Vietnam Veterans’ Day.
ga('create', 'UA-76123128-1', 'auto');